Expand Your Network of Talented Women Entrepreneurs
Get Inspired by Other Female ShEO’s
Transform and Grow Your Business
Our Entrepreneur Lab gathers inspiring, ambitious women-heroes together at The Hivery for a daylong immersion in business learning, connecting, inspiration, fun, mentorship, and transformative growth.
Are you a woman entrepreneur, someone who wants to create a viable, vibrant business that makes your mark on this world? Are you dedicated to personal growth and entrepreneurial learning? Want to connect with #womendoingcoolstuff for an exciting and challenging full day together, where we’ll make personal and business transformation progress and laugh, connect, and enjoy each other in the process?
WHAT IT IS
This will be an escape from the day-to-day of working in the details of your business, far away from your personal and professional responsibilities (no kids crying here!) in the stunning surroundings of The Hivery. This is the ultimate opportunity to focus on your business, problem solve with incredibly smart women, get re-inspired for your business, and recharge. This will be a time for inspiration, and focused concentration on developing our businesses, and on our connectedness as a community of amazing women.
FEATURED KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
WHAT YOU’LL EXPERIENCE
The Hivery Entrepreneur Lab opens the door to a full day of expert advice, best practices, business brainstorming, problem solving, intention setting, and shared group activities that will ensure you forge deep new connections, resources, and actionable next steps.
The event will include:
- An intensive one-day program with like-minded women entrepreneurs
- Featured guest speakers who will inspire and help you take your business to the next level
- Direct access to mentors, experts, and coaches for guidance and hands-on coaching
- Peer brainstorming sessions and networking
- Great food, stretch breaks, and happy hour celebration
- A swag bag full of fabulous products and discounts
We will have trusted advisors across multiple business categories on hand to advise, coach, and brainstorm your strategic next steps.
ARTISTS and Practitioners
THIS IS FOR YOU IF
- You want to learn how to run your business more effectively, so you can create more.
- You want to discover your core purpose and use it with confidence in your business.
- You want a learning experience that will give you tools and wisdom that you can implement in your business as soon as you get home and will make an immediate difference.
- You want to run a financially sound business and surround yourself with other women doing the same.
- You will walk away with a community of friends and mentors who wholeheartedly believe in you and are cheering you on.
- You will have clarity on how to move your business forward in a way that is full of success and balance.
- You will feel energized, refreshed and motivated to dream big and apply everything that you learned in your life and in your business.
- You will have actionable tips, tools and resources to use in all aspects of your business including marketing, sales, social media, finances, etc.
- You will have the investment of the time you took to work intentionally on your business instead of always working in your business.
Prepare to be inspired by an unprecedented collective of women entrepreneurs, startup investors, media, enterprise partners, and mentors to support female founders through participatory presentations, workshops, round tables and more. Entrepreneurs and business leaders such as Grace Kraaijvanger, founder and CEO of The Hivery, and a few of our community’s successful entrepreneurs share their stories—and lessons learned along the way—about defying the challenges, odds, new chapters, and reinventing business.
Surround yourself with smart, savvy, female business owners with diverse backgrounds, passions, and pursuits for a day of honest conversation, provocative thinking, innovative ideas, and actionable solutions. Our collective group of #womendoingcoolstuff will have you energized and empowered to build a thriving business and life.
GET TOOLS, RESOURCES, AND ADVICE YOU CAN USE.
Have your most pressing business challenges, concerns, and questions addressed in a peer forum. Receive practical advice, realistic and actionable solutions, as well as innovative ideas on how to plan, fund, market, launch and grow your business from a diverse group of women entrepreneurs, across all stages of business.
ENTREPRENEUR LAB AGENDA
- Check-in and Coffee Meet-and-Greet
- Introductions and Setting Intentions with Grace Kraaijvanger, The Hivery’s Founder
- Morning Meditation by Rachel Rossitto
- Fireside Chat with Grace Kraaijvanger and Sonja Hoel Perkins, Managing Director, The Perkins Fund, Founder, Broadway Angels and Project Glimmer
- Jessica Semaan, Founder, The Passion Co.
- Eileen Gittins, Founder and CEO, Blurb and BossyGrl
Mentorship Meetup Lunch: Connect with Entrepreneurs and Experts over a delicious catered lunch
Nikki Silvestri, Founder and CEO of Soil and Shadow
Empower Hour: Pick One Workshop
- Entrepreneurial Mindset, Wellness, and Leadership: Tools for Optimal Business and Personal Success with Lindsay Walsh
- PR: Why You Need It, Why You Don't with Lani Free
- Beyond Applause: How to Use Speaking to Serve Powerfully with Your Message with Michelle Barry Franco
- Creating with Intention with Christine Hildebrand
Action Hour: Pick One Workshop
- A Guide to Less Shoulds and More Fun with your Marketing with Prim'd Marketing
- Escape the Bootstrap Trap and Get Funding on Your Own Terms with Jenny Kassan
- Making Your First Hire(s) – Do It Right From The Beginning with Danielle Pener
- Performance by Arisa White, Poet, Writer, Educator
- Discovery Circle + Closing Keynote with Grace Kraaijvanger
- Wine + Hors d'oeuvres Reception + Celebration by Women-Owned Qorkz Winery
Ticket includes the full-day event with speakers, peer mastermind sessions, goody bag (of course!), breakfast bites, lunch, and happy hour.
Members: $236 (20% off)
Inclusivity is very important to us. No guests will be turned away for financial reasons. Scholarships are available. Our scholarship application is now closed.
Seats are limited so please kindly register online before this program.
Not a Hivery member yet? Learn more about membership and sign up here.
GRATITUDE TO OUR SPONSORS AND PARTNERS
Featured Speaker Bios
Sonja Hoel Perkins, Managing Director of The Perkins Fund, has been investing in technology for over 25 years. Considered one of the best performing and most senior professionals in venture capital, she has invested in several startups that have achieved multi billion dollar valuations including: Acme Packet, F5 Networks and McAfee Associates. In 2015, Worth Magazine, Worth Magazine ranked Sonja among the 100 Most Powerful People in Finance in the World. Sonja began her career at TA Associates, joined Symantec, and then spent 22 years at Menlo Ventures. Sonja is the founder of Broadway Angels, an investment group made up of world-class investors and business executives who all happen to be women. In addition, Sonja is the founder of Project Glimmer, a nonprofit that inspires at-risk teenage girls and women to believe in themselves by letting them know their community cares.
Eileen Gittins, Founder and CEO of Blurb (self publishing platform), grew the company from credit card debt in 2006 to a global business extending to 72 countries, driving $70+M annually. Blurb’s platform provides tools that enable professionals and consumers to produce and distribute visual books and magazines in print and electronic forms.
In 2016, keen to move forward with her latest start-up concept, Bossygrl, Eileen transitioned to the role of Blurb’s Executive Chairman – and is now also CEO and Co Founder of Bossygrl. Bossygrl empowers Gen Z girls and women to become entrepreneurs by enabling them to start and grow real businesses .... on their phones. They can name their companies, create logos, and design and manufacture products -- all hosted in their own online stores. Supported by in app contextual coaching as well as via executive mentors and other members of the Bossygrl community, the Bossygrl mission is to create a tsunami of prepared and qualified female entrepreneurs who will help close the current gender gap. The platform is planned to launch via the App Store in the early Fall of 2017.
Previously Eileen was CEO of two VC backed start-ups (Personify and Verb) in addition to her earlier career as VP/GM at Wall Data, plus marketing roles with Eastman Kodak all over the world.
A frequent speaker on entrepreneurship, the future of books and the art of storytelling, Eileen has also been much celebrated in the media (Inc. named Blurb the 47th fastest growing company in the US in 2010) and lauded as an entrepreneur (regional semi-finalist in the E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year award and Best CEO in the Tech Innovations Awards.) Eileen has also been featured in the New York Times, Inc. Magazine, Fortune Magazine, Fast Company, the London Sunday Telegraph, the Guardian, and is a frequent guest on various BBC television and radio programs.
Jessica Semaan, Founder of The Passion Co., the #1 organization to help you find and kickstart your passion, has helped over 5,000 people connect with their passions. Jessica was born and raised in Lebanon, is a published poet and writer who writes about finding the light in the darkness. She’s been published in Time, The Huffington Post, Forbes, and is a top writer on Medium. Jessica was an early employee at Airbnb where she lead its operations scaling, and before that she graduated from Stanford Business School.
Nikki Silvestri is the Founder and CEO of Soil and Shadow, a project development firm working to create systems change while improving relationships between communities.
As the Co-Founder of Live Real and former Executive Director of People's Grocery and Green for All, Nikki has built and strengthened social equity for underrepresented populations in food systems, social services, public health, climate solutions, and economic development. A nationally recognized thought leader, her many honors include being named one of The Root's 100 Most Influential African Americans.
An accomplished communicator, Nikki is well known for her combination of vulnerability and razor-sharp analysis. In addition to her speaking appearances at conferences and private events, Nikki regularly forwards the message of equitable economies through numerous media channels. BET.com, the Huffington Post, and the San Francisco Chronicle have featured her writing, and her recent television appearances include All In with Chris Hayes and the Melissa Harris Perry Show on MSNBC.
Nikki is a Faculty Member at the Food Business School (she co-designed and taught one of their inaugural courses, "Ethical Leadership in Food Business"). She sits on the Board of Directors of the Business Alliance of Local Living Economies (BALLE), and is an advisory board member of MeWe, the next-gen social network, and TendLab.
Nikki began her work in social change through the foster care system in Southern California, where she directed Foster Youth Empowerment Workshops. She has a master's degree in African American Studies from UCLA, and is originally from Los Angeles. She currently lives in Oakland, with her husband.
Testimonials from our 1st Entrepreneur Lab
Blown away with how smart, helpful, and supportive everyone was. I feel encouraged and inspired. The speakers were exactly what I needed to hear.
It was great! I think if you could even just offer mini entrepreneur labs that specialize more like mastermind sessions it would be very well received
I loved today! I feel inspired in a grounded boots-on-the-ground way. Like ready to take focused action. Thank you so much for a fabulously designed program
Brought me to tears- extremely thought-provoking!
Amazing, perfect, so needed, enlightening.
Loved it, loved all of it.
Beautiful. Engaging. Emotional. I loved all of the conversations.
Just a fantastic combo of thought provoking / ideology and powerful actionable information. Couldn't be better.
THESE are the kinds of conferences I want to be going to! Less "networking" events or gross corporate events- MORE of these!
Gorgeous space. So glad this community exists. Love the morning speakers. Thank you for the courage to start this space!
I'm going home with a heart that is a full cup of joy and replenishment visible in all who attended.